Sunday, June 24, 2012

Rut - Melissa Dallago


Stuck in a rut,
Down in the muck.
I’m starting to tire,
From being in the mire.

I long to be free of this hell,
But I cannot quell the screaming that
Echoes inside my shell.

I have no concept of peace, or
How to reach that inner house of
Beauty and relief.

I rust from one fire to another,
In an effort to quench my desire for
A never ending quest, an imagined finish line
Where I am complete and whole.

Where there is someone with a trophy
To congratulate me for a race well run,
And when I can proudly say I’m done.

Alas, something like that will never come to pass,
Until my days have reached their last,
And it is my time to go into that great unknown
And onto new conquests in the place called home.

While that day is hopefully long away,
I must continue in this place and on my never ending
Quest to get out of the mire and own myself,
My life, and that peace that I endlessly seek.

One day I will find it,
This I known,
A day at a time, is all that can be foretold.

No comments:

Post a Comment