Thursday, March 27, 2014

Watching Someone Else Sleep

Watching Someone Else Sleep

I toss, I turn.

I beat pillows, I fluff blankets.

My cats, sleeping deeply, get rudely awoken as I push them to the floor.

I need the room dammit!

Fan on too cold, fan off too hot.

What is that incessant noise!

Oh right, the white noise sleep machine that is supposed to lull me as I count sheep.

My God that’s annoying.

No matter how much I plump, punch or prod; my pillows are like stone,

No matter how much I shake the bed trying to find one last cool spot,

No matter how much I whimper, whine and curse,

My sweetheart sleeps through it all.

Eyelids closed over baby blue eyes,

A sweet smile on his lips, as he dreams about God knows what – me naked I hope!

Hands gently clasped under his oh, so soft pillows.

I look at him in his sweet slumber and growl.

No matter my volcanic eruptions and earthquakes shaking of the bed,

My honey sleeps the slumber that I so desperately seek.

God damn him I mutter to myself,


Green with sleep envy!

No comments:

Post a Comment