Twas the night before the day after Thanksgiving,
which is the day David festoons our house for
Christmas.
All through the house, strings of lights and
extension cords were strewn about.
Nails and gutter clips were hung with care, in the
hopes that an extension ladder would soon be there.
David was snug in his bed, as visions of LED lights
flashed in his head.
Meanwhile I tossed and turned in fright, envisioning
the size of my electric bill.
I was awoken in the morning by the clatter and
banging of a ladder as David climbed, hung, tugged and jerked as he wired the
house.
I ventured out to watch the chaos as he cursed and
muttered at the unending knot of lights.
"I don't want it to look like Santa threw up on
my house!" I warned trying to catch his maniacal eye.
Throughout the day, he cried and crowed, as our
house became even more adorned.
Finally, twelve hours later as dusk neared, I heard
the door creaking open. "Come see," he said with a wide grin.
Fretfully I exited my house, fearful of the grand
reveal.
With a drum roll and a flick of a switch, I heard a
transformer blow, as his Christmas vision was born.
My house looked like it was on fire with all of that
glaring brightness!
"On red, on yellow, on green and don't forget
blue!" David giggled. "And
look, it goes purple, and flashes, and chases as some color clashes."
"It goes fast, and slow, and fades and swirls,
all thanks to these LED nodes!"
I stared in part awe and horror, and I swear I heard
a plane's approach.
The lights twinkled and twirled in David's loving
gaze as I kissed him on the cheek and said "Well done, babe."
As I ventured back inside my florescent, flashing,
technicolor house, I heard him shout, “Happy Christmas to all, and don't mind
our bright house!"
No comments:
Post a Comment